Online Bidding with Greater Giving
This year’s MEDB Apples for Education Auction will use Greater Giving Online Bidding – allowing for a paperless bidding system. You will bid using your smartphone or tablet on silent auction items. Also, you can easily track Packages by “following” their activity without having to continuously return to a table or bid sheet.
How to Mobile Bid with Greater Giving Online Bidding
- Register your smartphone by providing MEDB with your mobile number in advance of the event or upon arrival.
- Once your smartphone is registered, you will receive an automated ‘Welcome’ text with your bidder URL. If you do not receive a text message, see a volunteer or staff member.
- After clicking the URL in the text, confirm your name when prompted and begin searching for silent auction packages by number, keyword, or category.
- Select the items you wish to bid on.
- You can bid the next increment, set a max bid, or simply “watch” packages. If you enter the highest max bid on a package, the system will automatically place bids in your favor until your max bid is reached or until the silent auction closes. If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that package, you will be prompted to enter a higher bid.
- To purchase an item at the Buy Now price, select the Buy Now button.
- To make a general donation, select the Donation button on your home screen and choose a pre-set amount or select the Custom Amount button to enter the amount you wish to donate and select OK.
- If you’re outbid at any point before the Silent Auction closes, you’ll be notified by text message.
- You can keep an eye on packages you’ve bid on or are watching by selecting the Menu button and selecting the “My List” button located at the left.
- As soon as the Silent Auction closes, the guest with the highest bid will win.
- Under “My List” you can check your winning items.
Online Bidding FAQs
How can I participate in Online Bidding?
Please include your mobile phone number when registering to MEDB, or upon check-in.
What are the benefits of Online Bidding?
Once bidding starts, you will be alerted on your mobile device when you have been outbid, so you can instantly respond with another bid. Bidding can occur at any location within the auction itself, whether you are in line for the bar or mingling with friends. You do not have to be at the display tables to make a bid. All auction bidding will be tracked, displayed and announced in real time throughout the evening. At the end of the evening, the check-out process will run efficiently because your credit card information will have been entered into our system at the beginning of the event.
Online Bidding Highlights
Online Bidding allows for a completely paperless bidding system.
You are able to use technology you already know – your own smartphone or tablet (iPad, Samsung Galaxy, etc) – or with the help of one of our Bidding Buddies, they can help or bid on your behalf. It is fun and easy.
You will be notified via text when you are outbid and can rebid immediately from your phone without going back to the auction package on the display table. Online bidding eliminates overcrowding and hovering around auction packages and bid sheets. Online bidding will make the event run more efficiently from registration to checkout.
Will this work for all mobile devices?
Yes, you can bid with any mobile device. With smartphones and tablets, you can browse, search and bid via a web browser. When registering your mobile device, you will be provided a custom URL for bidding purposes. With standard mobile phones, you can bid and receive alerts via text messaging.
What about guests who are not using mobile devices?
For those guests who don’t own or don’t wish to use a mobile device, our Bidding Buddies with iPads will be available on-site and bid on your behalf and assist with questions about bidding.
Auction Preview: COMING SOON!