Technical Assistance Series: Foundations for Business Success
July 15th Workshop – Boosting Your Financial IQ
Receive invaluable advice that can improve your business’s efficiency, promote good accounting practices, and ultimately save on your taxes.
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Location: MEDB’s Malcolm Center – 1305 N. Holopono Street, Suite 5 in Kihei
Schedule: 9:30 am to 2:00 pm
- Registration – 9:30 am to 10:00 am
- Seminar – 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Lunch provided – 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm
- Breakout sessions 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
- Admission is $20
- Lunch will be provided
- Reservation required
- Space is limited
What You Will Learn
- How do I read a financial statement?
- How can I use financial statements to plan?
- How do my financial statements affect my taxes, both business & personal?
- Is my business setup properly? How do I know when to upgrade?
- What is the difference between different entity types (Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Corporation, LLC)?
- In my accounting program, how should my Chart of Accounts look?
- What does all of it mean for my Accountant, CPA, and Tax Professional?
Following the seminar, we will be offering small group breakout sessions. You can pick any two out of the following four topics to attend:
Following the seminar, we will be offering three breakout sessions, in which you can ask questions specific to your business. Bring a recent personal and business tax return and a financial statement with you to get the most out of the session. Samples of both will also be provided. The following will be covered in the breakout sessions:
- Your accounting books (What you, your bookkeeper should be doing)
- Your financial statements (How to read it and change it to fit your needs)
- Your business setup (Annual registration, converting your business)
IRS Enrolled Agent and CEO/Founder of Personal Accountant Inc. Lisa concentrates her practice in areas of business review, tax planning, and organization. She is also a ProAdvisor for Intuit Quickbooks software and online accounting. Lisa has practiced in the accounting and tax industry and been a Notary Public since 2002. She has also held previous licenses in insurance and securities. She graduated with a B.A., Magna Cum Laude at University of Hawaii.
Registered Tax Return Preparer and President of Personal Accountant Inc. Anastasia concentrates her practice in areas of income taxation for individuals and business. She is cross-trained in Quickbooks Online and Desktop versions. Her experience extends to business setup, financial statement preparation, payroll, and general bookkeeping. Anastasia graduated with a B.S., Cum Laude at San Francisco State University.
Registered Tax Return Preparer and Associate in the Accounting & GE tax department at Personal Accountant Inc. Chelsea concentrates her practice in areas of Quickbooks accounting – both online and desktop versions– and also works remotely for Quickbooks support. Her expertise extends to Quickbooks setups, conversion, correction, and syncing with third party programs.
Click here to register: https://www.hightechmaui.com/confregister/1_form-accounting.cfm
Frank De Rego Jr.
Director of Business Development Projects