About the Fund
Our ability to meet workforce needs, particularly in the technology fields, will determine the success of our economic goals. Recognizing the critical nature of this preparation, MEDB has worked vigorously throughout its history to enhance education and training in our community.
To further support this growing need for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) skills, our board of directors created the MEDB Ke Alahele Education Fund in 2006 as a grant making vehicle. The Fund stimulates community investment in broadening career pathways for Maui County residents.
Learn more about the Fund in this special video produced by Maui High School’s Digital Media team.
Daniel K. Inouye Innovation Award
MEDB is proud to offer the Daniel K. Inouye Innovation Award. This annual award will be presented to a Maui County project team that demonstrates the most innovative use of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) tools and capabilities to serve and improve our community. For information and an application, click here.
Aloha and mahalo for your interest in the MEDB Ke Alahele Education Fund. Grants have been distributed for the 2015-2016 school year. MEDB will be accepting Ke Alahele Grant Applications for the 2016-2017 school year starting July 1, 2016. Please submit your completed grants to Leilani Ventura at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: MEDB Attention: Or mail to: Attention Leilani Ventura 1305 N. Holopono St. #1, Kihei 96753. Questions regarding the grant or process, contact Leilani at 875-2300.
Please note all grants require up to 60 days for approval. Deadline for all Robotics – FLL/VEX/ VEX IQ/FRC/BOTBALL is now SEPTEMBER 5.
• After clicking the link, save the form to your computer.
• After saving the form, open it and hit the Tab key to go to the first field of the form (“Date”).
• Fill the field in then Tab to the next field until you have completed the application.
• Remember to Save as you enter your information.
• After completing the form, print out the document so you can get the required signatures and mail it to MEDB per the Grant Guidelines.
A Final Report describing the outcomes and impact of the project is due upon completion of the project or no later than 1 year from award date. Download the final report template here.
Please note to be eligible for future grants you must submit a final report. A financial report along with receipts, project photos, videos and other forms of publicity are required with the Final Report.
We recommend the following formats for media:
- For photos: Provide high resolution images, jpg or tiff format on a CD, DVD or thumb drive. Images can also be sent via Dropbox – please contact the MEDB office at 875-2300 if sending via this online service.
- For videos: Provide finished video on a DVD or thumb drive. If sending b-roll footage, preferred file size is 1080 (1920 X 1080), but 720 (1280 X 720) would be acceptable as well. Videos can be delivered or mailed.